This delayed post has something to do with a laundry basket sitting full for 3 weeks, the doors forever open, and wild onions.
Spring has found me and keeps me outside away from the sewing machine. I want to finish the Single Girl Quilt, but instead I lap my yard and visit the Delphinium and Foxglove and wage war on the Wild Onion. To keep Ida interested in my crusade I suggested she make onion soup from things we do not want in the yard.
Here is her recipe:
Wild Onion Soup
a handful of wild onions
dead lily heads
dried up belladonna
Place in water in sunshine and feed to babies that can fly to the Eiffel Tower
* I lounge around and watch Ida play hopscotch like I'm some kind of queen
* download old ska and try to remember what it felt like to be 20
* continually put off the trip to the grocery store and make soup from the vegetable bin
* look forward to the bounty of 40 tomato plants, squashes, corn, tomatillos, eggplants, peppers, beans, peas, cucumber, chard, quinoa, zinnas, and french marigolds
* dream bigger and mange to find space for these: